24 March 2007

Greetings & Salutation


To those who SMS'ed, emailed and even phoned birthday greetings from Manila, Singapore, even India (you know who you are): Much thanks! The past week was a horrendously busy time at work (and continues to be) with hardly any sleep but realised later on, a true blessing because it kept my mind off my parents' absence. Funny how I don't usually expect to be greeted for my birthday but when somebody does it's always a pleasant surprise (Ok, I do make-tampo with some (not all) who don't...I'll stop pretending na...haha). But out here, when you're all by your lonesome self :), it matters even more. So to those precious thoughtful people, a big hug and mwah!

Just a few other things before I go:

Katkat - lovely letter...I mean novel. That is probably the longest letter, to date, that I have received in my life. In Patty's Book of World Records, you're title holder for longest-letter. I will write you back before the sun sets a week from now. Still collecting my thoughts. This early I warn you that I will not be able to respond with equal bravado.

Carl - thanks for the SMS and email (?)...not sure I got this though. Can you re-send so I can respond?

Up next: Kanchanaburi Part II and other highlights of my parents' trip here. My cousin Michelle, will be arriving from Koh Samui tomorrow. To my knowledge, she has been there for the past several weeks updating her superior yoga skills! :) I'm excited.

Take care everyone. Got to get back to work!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, PATTY!!! Wish you be always happy & still be the Patty I've known so far! You're too good! ;-)

pattycakes said...

Thanks, Trang! Glad you consider me part of your gang even if I keep inventing Vietnamese words (and you keep inventing Filipino words...isn't it fun?!).

Jan&Kana said...

BELATED GREETINGS...from Paris.
Bonne Anniversare!
Happy Birthday!
Otanjobi Omedeto!
Jan is very bad in remembering his friend's birthday so I only knew it now.Sorryyyy. Looks like you are having a great time in Bangkok.Hope we get to visit there again soon:-)

pattycakes said...

Merci! Arigato gozaimashita! Great to hear from you Kana. How are you and Jan doing?! I'll check your blog...lost the link...thanks for emailing it (before I even asked). Guess what?! Am off to Italy in a few hours for work next week but tomorrow's Sonkran. Are we blessed or what?!? :) Was hoping to pass by Paris but couldn't fit into my sked. Next time I hope! Trying to practice my Italian...the very little that I know...hahahaha!!! Thanks for dropping a line. Talk to you soon.