09 April 2007

Laundry Business


My friend Roy left a short story on my laptop last Thursday. Not only does he own and manage a laudromat (with Marla) back home but he also writes! I don't know if it was because he was bored stiff with all our female chatter but he simply decided to quickly type up a short story and leave it on my computer. Tell me, how often does anyone give you a short story?! :)

Amidst a tight schedule the next day, I couldn't help unravelling my 'present' entitled "John's Laundry and Redemption Center." Okay, I thought, this must be partly the story of his life. Interesting...

To my surprise, it made for a very appropriate Good Friday message.


* * *

John's Laundry and Redemption Center

Somewhere in this city sits a little laundry. It’s rather small, just a fifteen square meter deal, and yet, the loads it takes can border on the ridiculous... (FULL STORY)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi patty

how can i read the story? can u email it na lang?

liza

pattycakes said...

Surely, Liza-Girl! Will email it to you :)